The village of Badia dates back to 1001, and its foundation was ordered by an aristocratic woman of that age, to welcome pilgrims in transit.
The church testifies readjustments and addition occurred in different ages. Inside the church there are some elements worthy of note: the Baptismal Font of the 15th century, some frescos by Taddeo di Bartolo (end of the 14th century), some works by Sano di Pietro, (polyptych and miniatures of the end of the 15th century), and a medieval bestiary which decorates the church.
In the surroundings of Badia dei SS. Salvatore, Cirino e Sebastiano (o Badia a Isola):