The name Semifonte actually refers to a village now disappeared, which was destroyed by the Florentines in the 13th century, and never rebuilt because of a decree of the age. Partly hidden by the vegetation, some ruins of chapels which constituted the former village are still visible.
But the monument which Semifonte is renowned for, is the Chapel of San Michele, built in 1597.
The dome is in scale 1:8 respect to the Dome by the Brunelleschi in Florence.
In the surroundings of Semifonte: